A leading multinational pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical company approached Enterprise System Partners to upgrade their manual and paper based processes in one of their biologics sites in Asia, whilst also upgrading their current systems to ensure harmonized processes digitally across all sites.
EBRs were introduced to the client as part of a global program aiming to standardize and harmonize processes digitally across all sites in the future with the below objectives:
- Infrastructure build
- Warehouse management system changes
- Implementation of new Global Wide ERP System – transitioning from outmoded program
- Implementation of MES along with customizations
- Update To WMS Management System and it’s integration with the new MES and ERP programs
- GMBR design for the high capacity-speed line
- Blister lines, bottle lines and hand packing line
- MES SME development training for site team
- Hypercare for every line Go Live
- Introduce global standards on EBR implementation
- GMBRs designed remotely from ESP Dublin region
Success Story: Enterprise System Partners (ESP) provided key project management, technical leadership, MES engineering, validation services and change management on this project. The client recognized it as the fastest “Go Live” at a site new to MES.
An extensive training schedule along with multiple collaborative workshops where all stakeholders were invited to contribute were pivotal to the projects success. The first batch using EBRs was produced with zero issues. This project was the companies first site to “Go Digital” with all other sites to follow.
As part of the success the team earned a global CIO award for excellent delivery of the EBR project. EBR was done with perfect quality and on budget, setting a new standard for implementation speed of EBR in pharma. This was an important milestone as it lay foundations for further digitization and the “Factory of Future”