Enterprise System Partners were selected to assist a liquid sterile filling and packing manufacturing facility in the UK in implementing a standardized serialization solution
Develop a flexible serialization solution for multiple market requirements across multiple packaging lines.
- Install & commission upgraded 2D scanning and labelling equipment to enable product tracking & label verification across 11 lines
- Create a standard solution across 8 lines to accommodate international markets
- Interface with central numbering repository and EPCIS (Electronic Product Code Information Services) system
- Integrate serialization solution with SAP
- Validate entire system to meet FDA, IMB and European standards
Success Story: ESP provided project & vendor management, technical design, engineering and validation support on this project. Our client, which is one of the world’s largest generic pharmaceutical manufacturers, required a standardized solution across 8 of its packaging lines, 2 manual case packing lines and 1 fully automatic system. The lines had to be capable of servicing international markets – each with unique requirements. The result was a successful project which now facilitates the client’s product being distributed in all regions. The system seamlessly integrates to all four IS levels from camera (level 1) to a SCADA line controller (level 2), site controller (level 3) and EPCIS (Electronic Product Code Information System) (level 4).
ESPs expertise in global serialization solutions was key to the success of this technically challenging project. ESP created a core model for the site which eliminates the need for future redesigns and ensures our client is internationally compliant.