A leading Medical Device corporation chose Enterprise System Partners to implement MES in stent manufacturing plant in Ireland.
- Implement electronic batch records across all areas of stent manufacturing facility
- Integrate MES with the ERP system
- Integrate MES with scales
- Barcode label printing for intermediate products
- Capture of batch reports and implementation of ‘Review by Exception’
- Minimize deviations and review time
Success Story: ESP provided MES engineering and validation support on this project. This project also required ESP to support associated IT infrastructure.
Delivery of an efficient and well integrated EBR with elimination of paper from the manufacturing environment was a critical success factor in this start up facility.
Operator terminals had to be built into the existing building while minimising disruption.
A phased cutover without significant impact on the production schedule was also required.
This resulted in hybrid operation while the electronic batch record was gradually rolled out throughout the plant.
ESP were involved in full shift support of the system on the shop floor to ensure minimal disruption to manufacturing operations.
Key to this success is the ability of ESP to build on the knowledge gained from many successful MES implementations across the world.